- DT-661S 6" Bisque Tile
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-77 Glo Worm
- SG-408 Orange
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0101 Woodland Animals
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- Palette Knife
- Hamper Netting
- Paper Towel
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a palette, mix SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter.
- If the mix is too thin, add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. If the mix is too thick, add more SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Position hare from the DSS-0101 Woodland Animals shiny side down on a piece of paper. Hold in place. Starting from the center of the hare outward, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture over the screen with a squeegee. Remove the screen and wash with water. Allow screened image to dry.
- Review the Silkscreen Instructions for further information on how to properly clean your screen for additional future use.
- With scissors, cut out the screened image from the paper. Place the cut out image in the center of the tile and outline with a pencil.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the inside of the outlined image, going over the line slightly.
- Using the cut out screened image as a pattern, outline an additional shape on a piece of paper. Cut out shape from paper, wet the paper and align over the SC-16 Cotton Tail painted area. Smooth out the paper using a BT-910 Synthetic Sponge. This will act as a mask for the following steps.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-77 Glo Worm to the tile, overtop the paper pattern. While the 2nd coat is still damp, place the hamper netting over the tile and gently press into the glaze. Apply 1 additional coat of SC-77 Glo Worm overtop the hamper netting. Allow to set up.
- Place a paper towel over the hamper netting to soak up the excess glaze from the netting. Remove paper towel.
- Using a squeegee, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium over the entire tile, filling in the holes of the hamper netting.
- Just as the SC-501 Sculpting Medium sets up (loses its shine), using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SG-408 Orange over the SG-501 Sculpting Medium. As soon as the SG-408 Orange loses its shine, carefully remove the hamper netting. If the netting the left too long, the SG-501 Sculpting Medium will fault.
- Remove the paper pattern from the tile.
- Align the hare from DSS-0101 Woodland Animals with the blank, masked area on the tile. Rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture over the screen with a squeegee.
- If desired, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the edges of the tile.
- Allow to dry.
- Fire to witness cone 06.