Create a detailed design with Classic Crackles on top of Classic Crackles.
- MB-1266 - Round Pot
- CC-102 - White Crackle
- CC-107 - Green Tea
- CC-108 - China Sea
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SS-138 - Flat Black
- AC-222 - Medium Writer Tip
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Paper Towels
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the planter and roll around to completely coat the interior of the planter. Drain out the excess glaze and keep planter inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Draw leaves on paper and cut out the shapes. Mark a number from one to five on the different shapes of leaves.
- Pick a spot on the planter, and trace around each leaf with the ends pointing toward a center point. Mark each paper leaf with an arrow that points toward the center. Mark the outside of the leaf with the corresponding number of the leaf.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner and/or a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-107 Green Tea to 2 of the 5 leaves in the set. Apply 3 coats of CC-108 China Sea to the remaining leaves. Brush slightly past the pencil lines from tracing the leaves.
- Wet the paper leaves and press to the corresponding glazed leaves on the planter. Press firmly so that it does not gap at the edges.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-102 White Crackle on the outside of the planter.
- After the glaze has lost its sheen remove the paper leaves. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip with the SC-15 Tuxedo bottle, detail the leaves and outline. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- Antique the cracks: Apply SS-138 Flat Black to an area of the pot, then wipe off with a paper towel or cloth. This will help the crackles show up.