- SB-119 Rimmed Serving Bowl
- SB-105 Rimmed Dinner Plate
- SSW-001 Stoneware Clear
- SW-131 Birch
- SW-304 Manganese Wash
- UG-82 Tuscon Turquoise
- UG-91 True Teal
- UG-93 Wild Violet
- UG-217 Red Coral
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
DSS-106 #6 Script Liner
DSS-148 Large Sea Life
AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe the bisque to remove any dust.
- Place each of the underglazes out into the plate and sprinkle some AC-310 Silkscreen medium onto each. Using a palette knife mix each underglaze until it is about the consistency of peanut butter. Cover the mixtures that are not being used with plastic wrap to preserve their consistency.
- Divide each piece into sections. For the plate, I divided it into 4 and the bowl, 3 because that’s how the screens divided it up naturally. You could have more sections and it would simply create more overlap of the screened images.
- Apply the screens in a pattern in the center of the piece and work your way out. Keep in mind that UG-82 Tuscon Turquoise will be very faint and should only be used as a background or accent and not a focal point.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SW-304 Manganese Wash around the rim of each piece. Use a sponge to wipe some away, leaving the wash in the recesses.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-131 Birch to the rim and back/outside of each piece. Avoid the foot.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear to the center section of each piece.
- Use a damp sponge to wipe and excess glaze off of the foot of each piece.
- Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf con 5/6.