Cardinal in Winter
- MB-1353 Clay Canvas
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- SC-96 Aqu-ward
- FN-001 White
- SG-403 Designer Liner Red
- SG-402 Designer Liner White
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- ST-113 Circulate Stamp
- AC-211 Sponge on a Stick
- Paper Towels
- Pattern: Winter Cardinal
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply two coats of FN-001 White to the top of the canvas with CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush.
- Cut out the large sections of the pattern, the bird with the large leaves and branches.
- Lightly brush water onto the paper patterns and place them onto the canvas. Use a paper towel to press into place and absorb excess water.
- Use CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush to apply three coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the top two-thirds of the canvas (including sides). Use same brush to apply three coats of SC-96 Aqu-ward to the lower half, overlapping where they meet. Remove the paper patterns.
- Brush three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the bird, add a little of SC-15 Tuxedo to the Candy Apple Red to darken for the area around the beak, use the Tuxedo for the eye.
- When dry to the touch, use the sponge on the stick to tap SC-81 Cinnamon Stix to the ST-113 Circulate Stamp, then press to the cardinal for design.
- For the Brerries and the Cardinals claws, use the SG-403 Red Designer Liner, the stems of the berries, use SG-402 White designer Liner.
- Brush the Designer Liner area of the canvas with one coat of S-2101 Clear.
- Fire to cone 06/05.