- MB-1478 12" x 12" Clay Canvas
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-9 Jaded
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-34 Down To Earth,
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-48 Camel Back
- SC-75 Orange A Peel
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0111 Botantical - Leaves
- SL-448 Doily Stencil
- SL-437 Groovy Stencil
- ST-127 Crackle Stamp
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-618 #9 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- 2" Foam Roller
- Old Credit Card or Hotel Room Key
- Palette Knife
- Bird on Branch Pattern
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Pour the background colors on a palette: SC-45 My Blue Heaven and SC-11 BLue Yonder and a smaller amount of SC-9 Jaded onto one plate. Pour SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-55 Yell About It and a smaller amout of SC-97 Cant-elope onto another plate.
3. With the credit card pick up two of the blue colors on the card, then drag the card at a slight angle down the canvas. The colors will blend as you drag. Add another color to the card and repeat to about 2/3 down the canvas at the top and one third towards the bottom (refer to photo). Try to keep SC-45 My Blue Heaven in all the drags with color as the background will get too saturated with color. If needed, SC-16 Cotton Tail can also be added to lighten the color. Finish the sides of the canvas to match the top.
4. Add SC-24 Dandelion and SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the card to overlap the transition of color to yellow and drag with the card onto the canvas. Repeat with the yellow colors on the card, using less of SC-97 Cant-elope in the drags.
5. Repeat the background color drags a second time.
6. When dry, place SL-448 Doily Stencil at the top right on the canvas, use the 2" foam roller to gently roll on S-11 My Blue Yonder over the stencil. Repeat with the stencil and color at the bottom right, using approximately half the stencil. Repeat the process with SC-27 Sour Apple at the top center and to fill in the space at right side of the canvas.
7. Use AC-230 Dlay Carbon Paper to trace the pattern onto the canvas.
8. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the bird's wing. When dry, use the sponge to apply SC-75 Orange A Peel onto a lace doily then use as a stamp on the birds wing.
9. Using the Script Liner, apply SC-55 Yella Bout It to the birds body. Use the same brush to apply SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-24 Dandelion to build up the color. Add SC-16 Cotton Tail around the lower eye to lighten. Float SC-25 Crackerjack Brown onto the lower breast to shadow.
10. Use the CB-110 #10/0 Liner to apply SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-97 Cant-elope and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the tail feathers. The bird's eye is SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, the pupil and outline are SC-15 Tuxedo. The beak is SC-48 Camel Back with some SC-75 Orange-A-Peel.
11. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to outline the head and breast.
11. Branches are a combination of SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, SC-48 Camel Back and SC-34 Down To Earth. Use SC-34 Down To Earth for the bird's legs. Use the Liner to apply two coats of each color as noted.
12. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to one half of each leaf and two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the other half.
13. Cut out the pattern of the bird's wing and place on the canvas. Place the SL-437 Groovy Stencil over the wing at an angle and use the 2" Foam Roller to gently roll SC-15 Tuxedo over the stencil to pattern the wing.
14. Tape the wing cut out back on the pattern and cut out the body of the bird. Place the pattern back onto the canvas and use the 2" foam roller to roll SC-25 Crackerjack Brown over the ST-127 Crackle Stamp to the body of the bird.
15. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter, place the leaf screen from DSS-0111 Botanical - Leaves over the painted leaves on the canvas, rub the mixture over the screen. Repeat for all of the leaves.
16. Use the Liner to outline the bird and the branches with SC-15 Tuxedo.
17. Dip into NT-CLR or apply one coat of of S-2101 Clear.
18, Fire to cone 06/05.