Create a lasting memory of your All Star's permanent "grip"on the ball by adding your child's handprint to this basketball plate. This would make a great gift for dad or for mom!
- MB-104 Rimmed Dinner Plate
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-25 Cracker Jack Brown
- AC-222 Medium Writer Tip
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-25 Cracker Jack Brown to the child's hand.
- Firmly press the child's hand down on to the center of the plate. To get a good handprint, place your hand on top of the child's and press down.
- Using a pencil, draw an outline around the handprint, leaving a little white space around the handprint to give it a border.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply three coats of SC-25 Cracker Jack Brown from the border of the handprint to rest of the center of the plate. Allow each coat to dry until chalky looking before applying the next coat.
- Fill AC-222 Medium Writer Tip with SC-15 Tuxedo and draw the lines for the basketball.
- Using the same bottle, write the child's name, number and "Dad (or Mom's) All Star."
- Using the back end of a paint brush (the non-bristle end) dip the end into the SC-15 Tuxedo and outline the inner and out rim of the plate, as well as the outline of the hand, with dots. To keep the dots uniform in size, dip the brush after every dot. If you do not dip each time the dots will get smaller in size. Allow to dry.
- Apply Clear Glaze (optional). Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.