- MB-1414 Raccoon Cup
- FN-010 Tree Green
- FN-204 Mudpuddle Brown
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 CottonTail
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-90 Elephant Ears
- SC-92 Cafe Ole
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- DSS-0106 Winter/Holiday
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-14 Java Bean on a palette and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image and too thick will prevent the color from penetrating the screen leaving blank spots. For more information on mixing the medium go to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Position the DSS-0106 Winter/Holiday screen on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner of the screen to check if you're applying enough color. Quickly reposition the screen and repeat. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the glaze dry onto the screen; this could cause damage.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, thin SC-15 Tuxedo and apply to the details of the raccoon. Let the glaze settle in the crevices and wet the brush to remove any excess glaze.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the raccoons chest and eyebrows and 2 coats of SC-90 Elephant Ears to the body and every other section of the tail.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply brushstrokes of SC-92 Cafe Ole to the body and chest to create the look of hair. Repeat this with SC-16 Cotton Tail.
- Using both the CB-106 #6 Script Liner and the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the remaining sections of the tail, around the eyes, and to the nose.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eyes. Add SC-39 Army Surplus to the iris' and SC-15 Tuxedo as the pupil.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-010 Tree Green to the inside of the mug.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of FN-204 Mudpuddle Brown to the outside of the mug. Be sure to use varying brushstroke for more consistent coverage since this is a sheer glaze.
- Once dry, add 2 more of the DSS-0106 Winter/Holiday screen foliage to the outside of the mug.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.