- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Linier
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-202 #2 Detail Liner
- CB-602 - #2 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- ST-213 Sponge on a stick
- ST-343 Deco Circles
- ST-345 Large Deco Circles
- CD-1319 Owl Castable
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1½ hours
- Cast the Owl using CD-1319 Owl.
- Roll out clay ¼” thick. Stamp the clay with the ST-345 Large Deco Circles 3 times.
- Thin the top edge of the clay and tear the edge of the clay to create a rough edge. Follow the hand building instruction to create a vase.
- Attach the owl to the vase: cut one side of the owl to create a flat surface. Slip attach to the tube/vase. Use a coil of clay to fill in gaps and seal the owl to the vase, smoothing the seam lines with your finger.
- Clean up any rough edges using a wet finger.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04/05.
Painting the Owl Vase
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply the 1-2 coats of following colors to the circles on the vase: SC-11 Blue Yonder; SC-24 Dandelion; SC-78 Lime Light; SC-88 Tu Tu Tango.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner and a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, detail the circles and fill in the background with 1-2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 2-3 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the inside of the vase.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the chest and 2 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to all other areas except the eyes, beak and feet.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, shade the chest with SC-88 Tu Tu Tango.
- Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of the following colors to the eyes: SC-16 Cotton Tail to the outer part of the eye area; SC-24 Dandelion to the iris and SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo and apply 2 coats to the beak and feet.
- Using a dry AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto ST-343 Deco Circles Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the chest of the owl. Allow to dry.
- Apply S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to entire project. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.