- FN001 White
- FN004 Red
- FN006 Blue
- FN018 Bright Blue
- FN020 Medium Green
- FN052 Tangerine
- CB604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB106 #6 Script Liner
- CB110 #10/0 Liner
- License Plate
- Rolling Pin
- Scoring Tool
- Blue Shop Paper Towel
1. Form two clay slabs approximately. 8x14" and 5"x5" with a rolling pin or slab roller. Compress and smooth both sides of the clay slabs with a rib.
2. Dust top of the license plate with talc. Shake excess off.
3. Center larger clay slab on top of the license plate, compress clay slab onto the license plate using a rolling pin or moist sponge.
4. Bevel the long ends of the clay slab with opposite 45 degree angle cuts. Slip and score along the beveled edges and along the bottom of the back side.
5. Cut a circle with an approximately 3.5" diameter out of the smaller slab.
6. Slip and score along the outside edges of the circle.
7. Wrap the larger slab around the smaller circular slab. Using the edges of your fingers, "zip" up the beveled edges until the seam is sealed.
8. Turn the mug over and compress and seal the bottom edge. Return the mug right-side up and make sure opening to mug is in the round.
9. Pull or roll out a handle. Slip and score to attach.
10. Let dry then fire to cone 04.
11. Wet the blue shop towel, squeeze out the excess water. Pour a small amount of FN001 White to the towel, leaving spaces for FN018 Bright Blue. Drizzle in the Bright Blue into the open space on the towel.
12. Fold the towel in half, open, then press to the license plate area of the mug. Use a dry sponge to pat the back of the towel. Remove the paper towel, pat again with the dry sponge to remove excess glaze.
13. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of FN006 Blue to the numbers and the word Ohio, etc. with three coats of FN004 Red.
14. Apply two coats of FN0020 Medium Green for the grass at the bottom, and FN052 Tangerine for the sun and the rays.
15. Brush the inside, handle and top and bottom trim with three coats of FN-004 Red, use CB604 Soft Fan, and CB106 Script Liner.
16. Fire to cone 06/05.