- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-29 Blue Grass
- SC-86 Old Lace
- SC-94 Curry Around
- FN-227 Celery
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-202 #2 Detail Liner
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- ST-337 Funky Trees
- AC-213 Sponge on a Stick
- CD-1319 Owl Castable
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Cast CD-1319 according to directions.
- Create a slab of clay ¼” thick, 6” long and 4” wide. Stamp the clay with the ST-337 Funky Trees 3 times.
- Follow cylinder creation directions using a ¾” dowel rod for the form.
- Cut the side of the owl to create a flat surface; slip attach to the tube/vase. Use a coil of clay to fill in gaps; water and your finger to smooth any seams.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04/05.
Painting the Owl Tooth Brush Holder
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 1 thinned coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the tube/vase. Wipe back with a damp sponge.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner and a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, detail some of the trees with thinned SC-29 Bluegrass and 3 coats of SC-29 Bluegrass inside the tube/vase.
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-227 Celery to the tube/vase.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 2 –3 coats of SC-86 Old Lace to the chest and 3 coats of SC-94 Curry Around to all other areas except the eyes, beak and feet.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, shade the chest and around the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of the following colors to the eyes: SC-16 Cotton Tail to the outer part of the eye area; SC-26 Green Thumb to the iris and SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo and apply 2 coats to the beak and feet.
- Using a dry AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto ST-337 Funky Trees Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the chest of the owl. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.