- CD-1150 - 4 Contemporary Flower Designs Press Tools
- CD-1216 - "Welcome" Press Tool
- FN-013 - Light Yellow
- SC-5 - Tiger Tail
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-52 - Toad-ily Green
- SC-63 - Popeye's Favorite
- SC-81 - Cinnamon Stix
- SC-82 - Tuscan Red
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Moist Clay
- ¼" Wooden Slats
- Rolling Pin
- Needle Tool
- Slip/Clay Slurry
- Bamboo Skewers
- Welcome Stamp
- Wire Cutter
- With a rolling pin on canvas, roll out a piece of moist clay ¼" thick between wooden slats. Roll into a rectangle that is approximately 9" x 5".
- Center the pattern and score a soft line for an 8 ½" x 4 ¼" rectangle.
- Use the leaf stamp from the CD-1150 Contemporary Flower Design Press Tools and stamp in different directions. Place the middle of the leaf in the middle of the soft line in the clay.
- Use a needle tool to cut around the leafy border.
- Use a welcome stamp and press in the middle of the rectangle.
- Use the remainder of the clay to make flowers and leaves to attach to the leaf border. To do this, press the rolled clay over the stamp then remove the excess around the shape by pinching off the clay. To remove the clay flower or leaf from the tool, press a balled piece of clay on the back, then pull off the clay piece.
- Use a wet brush to clean up the edges and shape the flowers and leaves so they are not flat, but more life-like.
- When all the flowers and leaves are made, position them on the frame. Score the backs and slip attach.
- If you want to hang the plaque, drill some hanging holes.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-013 Light Yellow to the entire plaque including the leaves, adding water only when necessary to fill in detail. Brush on a heavy second coat of FN-013 Light Yellow.
- When dry, apply 1 coat of SC-52 Toad-ily Green onto the leaves using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner. Float thinned SC-63 Popeye's Favorite in the shadow areas of the leaves.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float SC-5 Tiger Tail in the centers of the flowers and brush some of the thinned color onto the leaves.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-82 Tuscan Red on the outer rim of the flowers. Use SC-82 Tuscan Red to dot the centers and around the second flower's border.
- Thin SC-81 Cinnamon Stix and float color in the welcome letters and all around the leaves. Add more water to the brush to soften the edges of the float color.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the letters with SC-81 Cinnamon Stix.
- Using the bamboo skewer, sgraffito the outline of the flat leaves on the inside border and the lines in the lettering.
- Thin SC-63 Popeye's Favorite to the consistency of water and brush onto the centers of the flowers with a CB-106 #6 Script Liner. Use the bamboo skewer to sgraffito an outline for the centers of the flowers.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the leaves and the welcome letters with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Allow to completely dry.
- When completely dry, carefully pick up the plaque and clean off any glaze that has leaked to the back.
- Fire to shelf cone 05/06.