Lots of options with stamps and press-design tools to add your own patterns.
- CD- 914- 13" Slump Platter
- EL-201 - River Bottom
- EL-203 - Coal Dust
- SC-26 - Green Thumb
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-39 - Army Surplus
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- CD-1073 - Leaf Designs Press Tools
- CD-1079 Continuous Design Tool
- Moist Clay
- Rolling Pin
- ¼" Wood Slats
- Lace Tool
- Fettling Knife
- Sand Bag (Small Cloth Bag filled with Sand)
- Place the ¼" Wood Slats on the Canvas. Using a rolling pin, roll out a slab of clay approximately 14"x14" square. Place the slab of clay over the top of CD-914 Slump Platter. Take the cloth bag and tamp in the center of the bowl. After this is done, use a slightly dampened sponge and force the clay into the center until the clay is firmly down in the center. Using the lace tool, holding it vertically to the edge of the plate and trim off the excess clay around the edge.
- Take the different leaf presses from CD-1073 Leaf Designs Press Tools and press the various leaves evenly around the border edge of the plate. You may alternate or use just one tool repeatedly along the edge of the plate.
- Use CD-1079 Continuous Design Tool to create the band of diamonds on the inside edge of the bowl.
- Let the bowl dry almost completely in the bisque shape before removing. Once the piece is out of the bisque form, allow it to completely dry.
- Clean the bowl prior to firing.
- Bisque fire the piece to shelf Cone 04 or to the recommended temperature of the clay.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply a wash of thinned SC-34 Down to Earth just over the leaf designs. Using a moistened sponge highlight the bisque leaving the color in the crevices of the design.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of EL-201 River Bottom to the plate excluding the leaves. Only 1 coat needs to be applied to the individual leaves. Apply randomly 1 coat of EL-203 Coat Dust to the plate excluding the leaves.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-39 Army Surplus and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to paint in the leaves. You may mix and blend the various colors to model the colors as in fall leaves. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire shelf cone 06.