Foundations® are multi-purpose, mass-tone glazes that are offered in gloss opaque, gloss translucent and matte finishes, As the name implies, Foundations® are an essential building block for any ceramic studio, be it in your home, at school or studio. They also serve as a foundation for many glaze projects – the non-moving formula is perfect for majolica techniques with Stroke & Coat® glazes. 80 colors from which to choose, no clear glaze needed to obtain a gloss finish for opaque and translucent glazes.
Foundations® glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
- Foundations were designed to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Many also fire to cone 6 and keep their color. Refer to the cone 6 color chips to see how each color performs
- Foundations are rich in pigment and solids, but they flow easily and smoothly when brushing - no visible brushstrokes in the fired finish.
- The are a great choice for rolling the inside of vessels and all-over coverage The Foundations® formula also allows them to dry quickly.
- Foundations are value-priced at only one price point: no upcharges for reds, oranges and purples.
- The formula works great as a "foundation" color - on which you can add sophisticated design work.
|Featuring Foundations Sheers and MB-1492 Faceted Turtle||Studios may create a several-days long workshop for consumers to complete this tea set.||Students learn to use an artifact (license plate) to create surface texture - and then glaze.|