- 6"x 6" Tile
- FN-006 Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds
- Leaf Stencil
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Palette Knife
- Palette, Scissors
- Rubber Squeegee
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using scissors, cut out the owl and branch from the pattern. Position the cut out pattern on the tile and trace with a pencil.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2-3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the inside of the traced area, brushing past the penciled traced line slightly. When dry, brush water to the back of the cutout pattern and align with the glazed area on the tile. Affix the paper pattern mask to the glaze.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-006 Blue to the tile.
- After the Blue glaze is dry, brush lightly with water with CB-604 #4 Soft Fan. Place the leaf stencil over the glaze.
- Using a squeegee, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium over the stencil.
- With the stencil still on the tile, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SG-409 Bright Green over the leaves. Remove the stencil by pulling up on both the ends.
- Remove the paper pattern mask.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-41 Brown Cow to the branch.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Using the owl image from DSS-0109 Aviary - Large Birds, position on the tile shiny side down. With your finger or a clean squeegee, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo over the screen. Remove the screen and rinse in water to wash, laying flat to dry.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outline and draw in details to the branch with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, brush 1 coat of SC-97 Cant-elope to the beak and claws of the owl.
- Fire to cone 06/05.