This polished underglaze planter comes to life with Foundations Sheers and Jungle Gems.
- MB-1266 - Round Pot
- CG-753NT - Sassy Orange
- CG-756NT - Firecracker
- FN-009 - Black
- FN-219 - Lustre Green
- SC-24 - Dandelion
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Designer: Staff Artist
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1½ hours
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the planter and roll around to completely coat the interior of the planter. Drain out the excess glaze and keep planter inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 smooth coats of UG-204 Orange on the outside of the planter.
- When the UG-204 Orange Underglaze starts to loose its shine, polish it with the t-shirt material. Continue polishing until you get the underglaze to have a gloss-like sheen.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace on your design.
- Using the SA-003 White Accent, outline the leaves, stems and add a centerline to each leaf.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-219 Lustre Green on the stems, and using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner apply 2 coats on the leaves.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion on the berries, and 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale on the butterflies.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 1 coat of CG-753NT Sassy Orange on the berries, and 1 coat of CG-756NT Firecracker on the butterflies. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- If desired, apply 3 to 5 coats of a paste wax, and buff to a low sheen using t-shirt material.