- MB-1353 8" x 10" Canvas
- SC-9 Jaded, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-12 Moody Blue, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, SC-77 Glo Worm, SC-97 Cant-elope, SG-401 Black, SG-404 Blue, SG-409 Bright Green, SG-410 Bright Blue, S-2101 Crystal Clear
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, AB-834 Base Coat Brush, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- Pencil, Scissors, Squeegee
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the pattern onto MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas with a pencil.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, brush SC-77 Glo Worm to the top portion filling in the crab body. Next moving down the crab, brush SC-9 Jaded, then SC-11 Blue Yonder, and finally SC-12 Moody Blue all blending together.
- Tip: Refer to the photo for color placement.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner and CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, fill in the legs of the crab using the same technique and colors from above. Apply 2 heavy coats. Allow glaze to dry completely between coats.
- Cut out the pattern of the crab. Brush the back of the pattern with water and align it over the previously painted crab.
- Note: This will protect the painted crab during the next steps.
- With a squeegee, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium in a clockwise motion moving outward, starting in the middle of the MB-1353 8" x 10" Canvas bisque. Also apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium to the sides of MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas. To prevent chipping, wipe away the excess SG-501 Sculpting Medium from the pattern cut out and bottom edges of MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas. Allow SG-501 Sculpting Medium to set.
- Wait until after the SG-501 Sculpting Medium has semi-dried and lost its' shine. Using AB-834 Base Coat Brush, apply SG-404 Blue, SG-409 Bright Green and SG-410 Bright Blue in a clockwise motion moving outward, starting in the middle of the MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas bisque.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liiner, apply SG-401 Black to the sides of the MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas bisque.
- Remove the paper cut out pattern.
- If needed, make touch ups to the colors of the crab.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outline the crab with SC-15 Tuxedo or with SG-401 Black.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear to the front side of the MB-1352 8" x 10" Clay Canvas. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06/05.