- MB-1353 Clay Canvas 8"x10"
- FN-009 Black, SC-75 Orange A Peel, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-32 Bluebeard, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-15 Tuxedo
- AC-224 Plastic Detailer Caps, AC-222 Medium Writer tip kit, AC-525 Brush Cleaner, AC-302 Wax Resist, DSS-0111 Botanical-Leaves, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Hair Dryer, Palette, Palette Knife, scissors
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-009 Black to the entire canvas, let dry.
- Cut out the pumpin shape and the leaves, seperaterly from the pattern.
- Place the cut outs on the canvas, trace around for postion.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 1 coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the leaves (blocks out the black). Then apply 2 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb over the Cotton Tail, stay inside of the pencil lines. Let dry.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Holding the shiny side of the screen down, line up the leaves from DSS-0111 Botanical Leaves over the painted green leaves. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen, remove, gently clean.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, brush SC-15 Tuxedo around the edges of the leaves to clean up any of the green glaze that may remain.
- Condition CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner with AC-525 Brush Cleaner before using AC-302 Wax Resist as it will keep the wax from destroying the brush.
- How to Condition Your Brush: With a small amount of AC-525 Brush Cleaner in a small cup, roll the brush into the cleaner and reshape the tip. After using Wax Resist, wash the brush again in the AC-525 Brush Cleaner.
- Outline the leaves with AC-302 Wax Resist with the conditioned CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner.
- Remove the cap from AC-302 Wax Resist and replace it with the plastic tip and the metal tip.
- Outline the lines in the pumpkin, stem, and around the shape of the pumpin with the wax bottle.
- Clean the plastic cap and metal tip immediatly.
- Let the wax dry, remove the lids from a 2oz bottle of SC-75 Orange A Peel, squirt the color into the sections of the pumpkin, move the thick glaze with a brush to fill in the spaces. Apply color to half the pumpkin, use the hair dryer to quickly dry the glaze, this causes the cracking of the orange glaze leaving black cracks. Hair dryer can be used on low, cracks show up after firing. Fans work also.
- The stem of the pumkin is SC-14 Java Bean, applied the same os the SC-75 Orange A Peel.
- Pencil in a grid on the background, doesn't need to be perfect.
- Colors are labeled on the pattern, apply two coats of the following colors in a diagonal pattern, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-32 Bluebeard, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, use CB-106 Script Liner.
- Use CB-110 Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the grid.
- Fire to cone 06/05