- MB-1353-8”x10” Clay Canvas
- FN-009 Black, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, SC-95 Pinkie Swear, SC-13 Grapel, SC-71 Purple-licious, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-97 Cant-elope, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing, SS-138 Flat Black Acrylic
- CB-604 #4 Fan Brush, CB-104 #6 Script Liner, CB-110- 10/0 Mini Liner, AC301 Silkscreen Medium, DSS-120 Cats
BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, Palette Knife, Scissors, Contact Paper
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out your pattern out of contact paper. Trace pattern on with a pencil so you can see the placement for cat.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Underglaze. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer liner for more color saturation.
- Silkscreen on the standing cat on the tomb stone.
- Silkscreen your cat on a piece of paper and cut it out.
- Using CB-104 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the cat. Dampen the cat that you sreened on paper, and lay it over the coated cat for a mask. Make sure the edges are all pressed down so no paint can seep underneath.
- Cut out the paper circle, and trace it on your canvas for the moon.
- Apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the moon with CB-604 #4 Fan Brush.
- Apply 1 coat of SC-24 Dandelion to the paper moon cut out. Apply SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, and SC-95 Pinkie Swear on top of SC-24 Dandelion in a circular motion. Before the paper dries lay the paint side down to the moon on the canvas and gently press to get out the air bubbles.
- Apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black using CB-604 #4 Fan Brush to the remainder of the canvas. Let dry.
- Use a CB-604 #4 Fan Brush, load one side of the brush with SC-13 Grapel and the other side with SC-71 Purple-licious, and in a horizontal sweeping motion apply to the background. Leaving a little of the FN-009 Black showing. Let dry.
- Using CB-104 #6 Script Liner,sweep SC-97 Cant-elope, Sc-13 Grapel, and Sc-95 Pinkie Swear in a circular motion around the outside of your paper moon to create a glow.
- When your piece has lost it wet shiny look, peel off the paper from your moon, peel off the contact paper and peel the paper off the cat.
- Clean off any glaze that seeps under the contact paper.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- Paint SS-138 Flat Black acrylic to the white bisque areas.