- MB-1353 8" x 10" Clay Canvas
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-54 Vanilla Dip
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- ST-127 Crackle Stamp
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Blue Shop Towel
- Foam Roller
- Pattern: Download (print 2)
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Clay Carbon paper to transfer the pattern onto the bisque. Then, cut the anchor out of the pattern and save to use as a mask.
3. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the anchor design on the canvas. Place the anchor cut out onto the wet glaze and gently press to adhere to bisque.
4. Dampen the blue shop towel and squeeze out excess water. Squirt SC-54 Vanilla Dip onto the towel then squirt smaller patches of SC-2 Melon-Choly and SC-25 Crackerjack Brown around the towel. Fold the towel in half. Unfold the towel and fold in half the other way. Unfold the towel and fill in any areas missing color with a dab of the glazes being used.
5. Place the towel onto the canvas. Use a dry foam roller to roll over the paper towel to transfer the glaze onto the piece.
6. Holding two sides of the towel, lift it straight up from the piece. Roll the dry foam roller over the wet glaze to remove any excess. Wipe the excess glaze off of the roller after each pass of the roller. Remove the paper anchor.
7. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner and CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the rope.
8. Use the Script Liner and Mini Liner to apply two coats of SC-60 Silver Lining to the anchor. Add a bit of SC-15 Tuxedo to some of the SC-60 Silver Lining to add shading.
9. Using the same brushes, apply one coat of SC-32 Bluebeard to the cross bar on the anchor. Add a bit of SC-15 Tuxedo to some of the SC-32 Bluebeard to create shading. Paint the ring, tips of the anchor and edges of the canvas with SC-15 Tuxedo.
10. Use the foam roller or a sponge dotter to apply SC-25 Crackerjack Brown to portion of the ST-127 Crackle Stamp. Press the stamp randomly around the canvas, reapplying glaze as needed. Applying glaze to portions of the stamp allows for a less uniform look.
11. Let dry completely.
12. Use the Clay Carbon Paper (or tissue paper and a permanent marker) to retrace the pattern onto the piece.
13. Outline the design and go over the letters with the Mini Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo or SG-401 Black Designer Liner.
14. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
15. Fire to shelf cone 5/6.