- Last Updated: Monday, 09 April 2018 16:01
- MB-1301 Envelope Vase
- SC-9 Jaded
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-28 Blue Isle
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- FN-001 White
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- DR9S-10250 Xiem Soft Decorating Rib
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette Knife
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin FN-001 White with water (3:1 glaze to water), pour inside bisque and rotate to cover interior. Drain excess glaze.
- From the pattern, cut out one image of your choice and place paper cut out on MB-1301 Envelope Vase, trace around image.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply one coat of FN-001 White to the butterfly traced area.
- With water, wet the cut out paper pattern and align with the traced area onto the bisque.
- With a palette knife, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium to the surface of the vase. Immediately following, use the small tooth side of DR9S-10250 Xiem Soft Decorating Rib to texture the surface, rotating around the image.
- Using BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, wipe away excess SG-501 Sculpting Medium from the paper pattern to avoid chipping. Allow SG-501 Sculpting Medium dry to the touch.
- With CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply SC-27 Sour Apple in a clockwise motion around the image.
- Tip: Be sure to overlap the colors to avoid any hard line of color separation.
- Add SC-9 Jaded to the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and apply in a clockwise motion around the SC-27 Sour Apple to blend.
- Finally, add SC-12 Moody Blue to the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and apply in a clockwise motion around the SC-9 Jaded colored area.
- Repeat steps 8-10 to apply second coat of SC-27 Sour Apply, SC-9 Jaded, and SC-12 Moody Blue.
- Using a damp BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, wipe away any excess SG-501 Sculpting Medium from the edges, including the bottom to avoid chipping.
- For the reversed side of the MB-1301 Envelope Vase, you can either use the addition image in the pattern and repeat the steps about or just apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium and coloring effect.
- Remove the paper pattern.
- For the butterfly image, cut out the second pattern. Using AC-230 Clay Carbon paper, trace the details of the butterfly image to the masked area.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-24 Dandelion to the wings. Apply 1 coat of SC-97 Cant-elope to the outer edge, blending inward. Allow glaze to dry completely between coats.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon paper, trace the detail of the butterfly wings.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, outline the detail with SC-15 Tuxedo. Apply 1 coat to the lines and 2 coats to the body of the butterfly. Allow glaze to dry completely between coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-9 Jaded on the interior of the neck of MB-1301 Envelope Vase. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.