- Last Updated: Thursday, 27 July 2017 19:59
- MB-101 Coupe Salad
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-74 Hot Tamlae
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- FN-41 Medium Blue
- SC-9 Jaded
- SG-404 Blue
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- SG-402 White
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the pattern onto MB-101 Coupe Salad bisque.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, brush SC-27 Sour Apple to the top portion filling in the crab body. Next moving down the crab, brush SC-7 Jaded, then SC-11 Blue Yonder, and finally SC-12 Moody Blue all blending together.
- Tip: Refer to the photo for color placement.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner and CB-110 Mini Liner, fill in the legs of the crab using the same technique and colors from above. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the pattern of the crab. Brush the back of the pattern with water and align it over the previously painted crab.
- Note: This will protect the painted crab during the next steps.
- With a squeegee, apply SG-501 Sculpting Medium in a clockwise motion moving outward, starting in the middle of the MB-101 Soupe Salad bisque. To prevent chipping, wipe away the excess SG-501 Sculpting Medium from the pattern cut out. Allow SG-501 Sculpting Medium to set.
- Wait until after the SG-501 Sculpting Medium has semi-dried and lost its' shine Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply SG-404 Blue, SG-409 Bright Green and SG-410 Bright Blue in a clockwise motion moving outward, starting in the middle of the MB-101 Soupe Salad bisque.
- After the glaze has lost its' shine, using CB-105 Script Liner, brush various areas with SG-402 White.
- With the squeegee, starting in the middle and moving outward in a clockwise motion, apply slight pressure to remove excess SG-402 white while leaving a small amount in the crevices of the SG-501 Sculpting Medium. Allow to dry.
- Remove the paper cut out pattern.
- If needed, make touch ups to the colors of the crab.
- Using CB-110 Mini Liner, outline the crab with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply FN-41 Medium Blue to the backside of the MB-101 Coupe Salad bisque.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply S-2101 Crystal Clear to the front side of the MB-101 Coupe Salad bisque.
- Fire to cone 05/06.