- MB-1410 Button Up Box
- CC-101 Transparent Crackle
- CC-102 White Crackle
- SG-403 Red
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- SS-138 Flat Black
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Jute String
- 2" Circle Shape
- Banding Wheel
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Center the lid of MB-1410 Button Box on a banding wheel. While spinning, use SG-403 Red to create red band lines close together to the edge of the lid, as show.
- Using a 2" circle and a pencil, trace 8 scallops above the red banded section (and inbetween the indented circle) on the top of the lid.
- Outline 2" scallop shapes with SG-408 Orange. Use a CB-106 #6 Script Liner beneath the orange line to float/shade.
- Using SG-410 Bright Blue, outline the large, indented circle on the lid. Also use SG-410 Bright Blue to dot a 1" circle within the button holes, as shown. From the edge of the dotted circle to the edge of the large indented circle, draw flower petals with SG-410 Bright Blue.
- Within the bright blue petals, use SG-409 Bright Green to draw smaller petals.
- Use SG-407 Yellow to add color to the holes on the lid and to the bright green petals.
- Use SG-403 to add triangle shapes inbetween the scallop and petals shapes.
- Dot the end of the triangle shapes with SG-410 Bright Blue.
- Apply SG-403 Red to the rim of the top of the box, as shown. Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float the red below the line.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-101 Transparent Crackle to the interior and exterior of the bottom of the MB-1410 Button Box. Also apply 3 coats to the top and backside of the lid. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Clean the glaze out of the holes.
- Stilt the lid and bottom and fire to cone 06/05.
- Slightly thin SS-138 Flat Black with water (1:1). Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the thinned SS-138 Flat Black over the fired CC-101 Transparent Crackle and wipe away the excess with a paper towel.
- Thread Jute through and attached to the button holes.