- Last Updated: Tuesday, 22 May 2012 14:10
You can get playful with this trayful of flowers.
- MB-1163 - Rectangle Tray
- FN-014 - Antique White
- FN-015 - Brick Red
- SC-63 - Popeye's Favorite
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-82 - Tuscan Red
- SC-84 - Dee John
- SC-85 - Orkid
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-110 - Paint Splatter
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-014 Antique White to the top of the tray. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the paper flowers and leaves from the pattern. Pencil in position on the tray.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush on heavily the following colors right on the paper flowers. Brush on one flower at a time. Centers of the flower petals are SC-74 Hot Tamale and the outer flower petal edges are SC-82 Tuscan Red. Brush a small section of SC-85 Orkid on the center of the flower and finish center with SC-84 Dee John.
- Place the paper flower paint side down in position on the tray. Press gently. Wait a few seconds then press firmly, wiping back any excess paint that will leak from under the edges of the paper with a damp sponge.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush on glazes heavily on the paper leaves. First paint in the SC-84 Dee John in the centers of the leaves then fill in the rest of the leaves with SC-63 Popeye's Favorite. Press in position as above.
- Connect the leaves and flowers with vines and stems using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner loaded with SC-SC-63 Popeye's Favorite.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge, load the sponge with SC-84 Dee John. Tap the SC-84 Dee John onto the ST-110 Splatter Stamp and stamp on the background of the tray. Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, load the sponge with SC-82 Tuscan Red. Tap SC-82 Tuscan Red onto the ST-110 Splatter Stamp and stamp the remainder of the background of the tray.
- Peel up the paper when the color is almost dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-015 Brick Red to the underside of the tray. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.