- Last Updated: Wednesday, 24 May 2017 15:01
- Low Fire Clay
- FN-001 White
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-43 Lettuce Alone
- SC-85 Orkid
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- PSTS7SD Xiem Sgraffito Detailing Set
- Banding Wheel
- This piece was thrown on the potter’s wheel with terracotta clay and dried to a leather hard state. This technique could be done on a white clay body and on any form you want.
- Once the clay is leather hard, you then apply 2 coats of FN-001 White Foundations with CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush to the top outside of the bowl and to the inside bottom of the bowl. To get a perfect line of white, center the bowl on a banding wheel and load your soft fan brush with FN-001 White Foundation. While the banding wheel is spinning, hold your brush still and let it run across the bowl's surface.
- Let the FN-001 White to the touch, but not bone dry. Using PSTS7SD Xiem Sgraffito Detailing set, carve design into the white glaze. You will take away the glaze and expose the bisque. The bowl was done by carving rectangles in a pattern along the lower part of the white band. Then outline the rectangles and add lines to the rest of the negative space. The inside bottom is done the same way.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to one rectangle, SC-85 Orkid, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-43 Lettuce Alone and SC-93 Honeydew List to the other rectangles.
- With a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply S2101 Mayco Brushing Clear Glaze to the inside of the bowl.
- Fire to cone 06.