- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 April 2015 19:57
- MB-1421 Small House Vase
- MB-1422 Medium House Vase
- MB-1423 Large House Vase
- CC-101 Transparent Crackle
- CC-107 Green Tea
- CC-108 China Sea
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SG-201 Black Cobblestone
- SG-401 Black
- SS-138 Flat Black
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- Food Coloring
- Palette Knife
- Paper Towel
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin S-2101 Crystal Clear with water (3:1), pour to the inside of all the house vases, turn to coat and drain out the excess glaze.
- On a palette, pour about a lid full of S-2101 Clear. Tint the color with blue food coloring. Add some AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the glaze, use a palette knife to mix to a peanut butter-like consistency.
- Use the various images from DSS-0112 Flowers to screen (using the tinted S-2101 Clear) to the bottom portion of the houses, on all sides. *This is for placement of color. Screen with the grain side up.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of the various Stroke and Coat colors to the flower heads, and SC-27 Sour Apple to the stems and leaves, staying inside of the screened image.
- On the palette with a palette knife, mix AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with SG-401 Black to a peanut butter-like consistency.
- Position the floral screens previous screened with the tinted glaze over the exact placement. Screen with the thickened SG-401 Black, by rubbing the mix over the screen with your finger. Wash between screens.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-108 China Sea over the large and medium house roofs. Apply 3 coats of CC-107 Green Tea over the small house roof.
- Using SG-401 Black, deline the roof line, windows and doors. Do so by applying some SG-401 Black into the detail lines, then spread with CB-110 #10/0 Liner.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the doors on the large and medium houses with 3 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango, and the small door with 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the body of the house with 2-3 coats of CC-101 Transparent Crackle, or a clear glaze.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the roofs with 3 coats of SG-201 Black Cobblestone. Wait until the previous coat loses its shine before applying the next coat, but before it starts to crack.
- Fire to cone 06/05.
- Cracks may not appear right away after firing, give it a few days.
- Slightly thin SS-138 Flat Black with water (3:1). Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply the thinned SS-138 Flat Black over the house. Wipe clean with a paper towel to show the cracks.