- Last Updated: Friday, 13 February 2015 15:25
- MB-1420 Small Garden Mushroom
- CG-753 Sassy Orange
- S-2101 Crystal Clear
- S-2714 Herb Garden
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-86 Old Lace
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0110 Botanical - Trees
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- Food Coloring
- Palette Knife
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan apply 2-3 coats of SC-86 Old Lace to underneath the mushroom head and the stem.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float SC-14 Java Bean into the pleats under the head of the mushroom and in the shadow area where the stem meets the top.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken S-2101 Crystal Clear with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Add a couple drops of food coloring to tint. *This mixture will act as a color placement.
- With DSS-0112 Flowers, align the screen, grain side up, at the bottom of the stem. Screen the desired flowers first with the thickened and tinted S-2101 Crystal Clear mixture. Repeat process for desired amount of flowers as well as the ladybug image from DSS-0113 Bugs. This step is for the placement of the flowers and lady bugs only.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the roses with 2 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed, adding a brushstroke of SC-97 Cant-elope to the final coat.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the lady bugs.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Re-align the flowers from DSS-0112 Flowers and the lady bug from DSS-0113 Bugs and screen using the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo mixture. Clean your screen after each use.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SC-36 Irish Luck with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as above. Use the grasses screen from DSS-110 Botanical - Trees to screen at the bottom of the mushroom stem. Rinse and clean screen, laying flat to dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 1 coat of S-2714 Herb Garden to the top of the mushroom and around the stem of the mushroom, using less crystals on the stem. Brush around the flower heads and the lady bugs.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of CG-753 Sassy Orange to the top of the mushroom.
- Fire to 06.