- Last Updated: Monday, 09 April 2018 16:00
- MB-1418 Dancing Vase
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-82 Tuscan Red
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-006 Blue
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- DSS-0124 Music
- DSS-108 Small Birds
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- ST-113 Circulate Stamp
- AC-213 Large Sponge-on-a-Stick
- Palette Knife
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin slightly, FN-006 Blue with water (3:1). Pour to the inside to coat and drain out the excess, keeping inverted until dry.
- Tap ST-113 Circulate Stamp with SC-12 Moody Blue using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick. Press to the top section of the vase and inside the neck.
- Let dry. Thin SC-12 Moody Blue like water. Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, drag the loaded brush against the edge of the top of the vase. The glaze should flow down the vase and soften the stamp detail.
- Use a damp sponge to remove some of the glaze on the body of the vase to leave a hint of the blue.
- Let dry.
- On a palette with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- For placement of the silkscreen flowers, screen the desired flowers from DSS-0112 Flowers onto a piece of paper. Cut out the flowers from the paper and arrange along the bottom of the vase. Pencil outline the flowers for color placement.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 1 coat of color to the various flowers using SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-97 Cant-elope, and SC-2 Melon-choly, reverse the colors for centers.
- If more silkscreening color is needed, thicken more SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as above.
- Using DSS-0124 Music, screen the music staff near the top middle of the vase. Hold the screen with the shiny side down, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo over the screen. Also screen the violin in the center of the vase. A single music note was also screened near the violin.
- Use the various flowers from DSS-112 Flowers, realign the flowers and screen using the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Allow to dry fully.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing or dip in a clear to the exterior of the vase.
- Fire to cone 05/06.