- Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 September 2012 21:38
An autumnal vessel if there ever was one.
- MB-1145 Flat Tulip Vase
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-73 Grape Jelly
- SC-87 Rubby Slippers
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- SC-94 Curry Arround
- FN-046 Sage
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-046 Sage into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-046 Sage to the outside.
- Using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace on the leaves and sunflowers.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner loaded in SC-6 Sunkissed, pull in the sunflower petals from the center outwards. Re-load in SC-6 Sunkissed and tip in SC-88 Tu Tu Tango, SC-94 Curry Around or SC-87 Ruby
- Slippers and apply a 2nd coat to the petals, changing colors as you complete the flower.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-94 Curry Around to the centers. Side load in SC-14 Java Bean and shade around the edges and in the center.
- For the sunflower leaves, load a CB-106 #6 Script Liner in SC-93 Honeydew List and apply 2 coats. Side load in SC-26 Green Thumb and shade 1 side of each leaf, then SC-94 Curry Around to the opposite side.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, block in the oak leaves with 2 coats of SC-93 Honeydew List. Side load in SC-73 Grape Jelly or SC-11 Blue Yonder and shade the edges, changing colors as you go around the leaf.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, block in the maple leaves with 2 coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral. Side load in SC-88 Tu Tu Tango or SC-87 Ruby Slippers and shade the edges, changing colors as you go around the leaf.
- Place some SG-401 Designer Liner onto a glazed tile and thin with a small amount of water. Using the CB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline and detail the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.