- MB-1416 Turtle Box
- SC-14 Java Bean, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, EL-131 Turtle Shell, CG-717 Pistachio
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Hammer, Grout, Tile Glue, Thin Backsplash Tiles
Designer: Tim McPherson
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque.
- Slightly thin EL-131 Turtle Shell with water (3:1) to a rolling constincy. Pour inside the top and bottome of the Turtle Box to coat. Once coated, pour out excess glaze and remove any drips with a damp BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- Using the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 1 coat of CG-717 Pistachio to the legs, tail and head areas.
- Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of EL-131 Turtle Shell to the body and inside of the lower shell area of the turtle, including over the CG-717 Pistachio areas. Stay out of the eye area.
- Using the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eye opening.
- Using the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner apply 2 coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the iris of the eye.
- Using the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil of the eye.
- Stilt both the top and bottom of the Turtle Box and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
- Using a hammer, break the thin backsplash tiles into workable pieces.
- Glue the broken pieces onto the shell, and allow to dry.
- Grout the area between the tiles, and clean off the tiles with a damp sponge.