- MB-1392 Flat Bottle - Large
- FN-001 White, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-52 Toad-ily Green, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-77 Glo-Worm, SC-87 Ruby Slippers, SC-97 Cant-elope, SG-401 Black, SG-402 White, SG-409 Bright Green, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-408 #8 Round, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, AC-213 Sponge on a Stick 1 ¼", ST-125 Wave Stamp, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Paper, Scissors, Ball Point Pen
- Elephant Parade Stencil from Stencil Girl Products available here: http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/stencil-layering-elephant-parade-nathalie-kalbach-p/l321.htm
- Download: Pattern (Print 2 Copies)
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin some S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze and roll the inside of the vase. Remove any drips from the outside with the BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the sides and bottom of the bottle.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the front and back of the bottle.
- The stencil comes with both a cut-out of the elephant and an elephant-shaped pattern. Trace the elephant cut-out two times on paper and cut out both. Wet the surface with water for the placement of the elephant. Place the paper elephant on the bottle then press with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of SC-77 Glo-Worm to the front of the bottle.
- Use the BT-910 Synthetic Sponge to dab SC-52 Toadily Green around the perimeter of the elephant.
- Remove paper elephant.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for the back of the bottle.
- Cut out the blanket shape from one of the patterns (save the rest of pattern for a later step). Wet the surface with water for the placement of the blanket. Place the paper blanket on the bottle, then press with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Use the CB-408 #8 Round brush, paint the elephant with 2 coats of Cant-elope.
- Position the elephant pattern stencil over the painted elephant. Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick 1 ¼", apply one coat of SC-87 Ruby Slippers over the entire stencil. Use an up and down dabbing motion to apply the glaze. Remove the stencil.
- Remove the paper blanket.
- Repeat steps 10-13 for back of bottle.
- Place the rest of the pattern (with the blanket cut out) over the bottle so only the blanket is exposed.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-73 Candy Apple Red, tap the glaze onto the ST-125 Wave Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the masked blanket. Repeat on other side.
- Using the clay carbon paper and a ball point pen, transfer the rest of the pattern (flowers, leaves, ear, eye, hat onto the front and back of the bottle.
- Double load the Round brush with SC-52 Toadily Green and SC-26 Green thumb and paint 2 coats on the centers of the flowers and the leaves.
- Double load the Round brush with SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-87 Ruby Slippers and paint 1 coat to the petals of the flowers. Highlight the petals with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Repeat on back of bottle.
- Fill in the ear with SC-Ruby Slippers using the CB-408 round brush.
- Fill in the eye with SC-11 Blue Yonder using the CB-408 round brush.
- Let everything dry completely.
- Outline the blanket and petals with SG-408 Red Designer Liner and draw the veins in the petals.
- Draw the fringe and dots on the blanket and outline the leaves with SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner. Also draw the veins in the leaves.
- Outline the elephant with SG-401 Black Designer Liner, including the ear. Also, make the dots around the perimeter of the bottle.
- Draw in the details of the hat using SG-402 White, SG-409 Bright Green, and SG-401 Red Designer Liner.
- Draw in the details of the eye using SG-402 White, SG-401 Black, and SG-401 Red Designer Liner.
- Apply one coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze to front of bottle.
- Repeat steps 23-28 on back of bottle.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.