- MB- 1418 Dancing Vase
- SP-205 Speckled Tiger Tail, SP-Speckled Green Thumb, SP-231 Speckled The Blues, SP-245 Speckled My Blue Heaven, s-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing, FN-039 Light Gray, FN-045 Taupe, SG-406 Brown
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Pencil, Scissors, Plastic cup, Blue masking tape
- Download: Pattern
Designer: William Pulse
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-045 Taupe into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep the vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-039 Light Gray to the outside of the vase and inner lip. Let dry.
- Transfer the pattern to the vase using AC-230 Clay Carbon paper and a pencil. Due to the curves of the vase, it is easier if you cut out the different part of the pattern and then tape them onto the vase using the Blue Mssking Tape. The pattern is repeated on both sides of the vase.
- Excluding SP-245 Speckled My Blue Heaven, thin the colors slightly in small plastic cups to the consistency of skim milk for painting.
- Use the pattern legend to paint the appropriate colors on the vase using a CB-404 Pointed Round. Let Dry.
- Use th pattern as a guide to detail the design with SG-406 Brown Designer Liner. It may be easier to work in small sections, and letting that dry before moving on to other sections to alleviate smearing. Let SG-406 Brown dry.
- Apply 1 coat of S-2102 Crystal Clear Brushing over the outside of the vase using a CB-604 Soft Fan brush. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to self cone 05/06.