- MB-1359 Dragon
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- EL-134 Mirror Blue
- EL-136 Lapis Lagoon
- CB-220 #2 Detail Liner
- CB-406 #6 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a pallet and thin with some water.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of the thinned SC-15 Tuxedo to the entire Dragon. With a damp sponge, wipe back leaving the color in the crevices to give an antique look. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 3 coats of EL-136 Lapis Lagoon to the body of the Dragon. Avoid placing the color to the eyes, spines, wings and tail feathers. If you get any color on these areas wipe back with a damp sponge. A little residue will also add additional shading to this area.
- Repeat step #4 but this time apply 1 coat of EL-134 Mirror Blue. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 2-3 coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the lower area of the spines, wings and tail feathers and tipped with 2-3 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed.
- Using a CB-220 #2 Detail Liner, apply SC-6 Sunkissed to the eye area and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the iris of the eye and a dot of SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.