- MB-1383 8x10" Clay Canvas
- FN-008 Brown, FN-204 Mudpuddle Brown, SC-9 Jaded, SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-14 Java Bean, SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, SC-34 Down to Earth
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, DSS-0125 Steampunk, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, Bt-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette, Palette Knife
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten with a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a pallet knife, mix some AC-310 Silkscreen medium with SC-9 Jaded, SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-14 Java Bean, SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, and SC-34 Down to Earth separately on a tile or plate. Once they are all mixed up, use plastic wrap to cover the mixture you're not using so it doesn't dry out. Follow step 4 for mixing instructions.
- Place the colors on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. this will cause damage to the screen. How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video. Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9tyeJN0
- Using the DSS-0125 Steampunk, line up the pipes and apply with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown. You will have to use the same design multiple times; you can either wash in between each use or re-use immediately.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply a few streaks of SC-9 Jaded in the bottom right corner of the canvas.
- Using the SC-9 Jaded mix, apply 2 of the gear screens to the background.
- Using a mix of SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-14 Java Bean, and SC-34 Down to Earth, apply a mixture of gears across the canvas.
- Using SC-34 Down to Earth, apply the top hat screen to the bottom right corner of the canvas.
- Once all the screened images are dry, use a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of FN-204 Mudpuddle Brown.
- Using the same brush, apply 3 coats of FN-008 Brown to the sides of the canvas.
- Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.