- Last Updated: Monday, 14 September 2015 18:18
- MB-1405 Can It- one Quart
- SC-12 Moody Blue, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-6 Sunkissed, SS-81 Shimmering Silver, S-2101 Clear
- ST-113 Circulate Stamp, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, DSS-117 Retro, CB-604 Soft Fan, AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Hanger, wire cutters, palette knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Squeeze some SC-12 Moody Blue on to a palette or plate. Using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, pull some glaze from the puddle and apply the glaze by tapping on the ST-113 Circulate Stamp. Press to the top edge of the can.
- With a sponge remove some of the stamped circles so it is an uneven edge. Remove a section for the bikers head.
- Thin SC-12 Moody Blue with water, and with CB-604 Soft Fan, rake over the lip of the can to make the stamped circles appear to be dripping.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, brush thinned SC-6 Sunkissed onto parts of the cans background.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-30 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. Place the bike rider from DSS-117 Retro shiny side down, and with your finger, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Wash gently. (Screen as if the bike rider is going uphill)
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, brush two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the wedge shaped hill under the bike.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, brush the top and bottom rim with two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, brush slightly thinned SC-12 Moody Blue to the inside. To get a dripping effect, add water to the brush, and brush to the inside to get the color to run.
- Using Cb-604 Soft Fan, apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the inside and out.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.
- Brush SS-81 Shimmering Silver to the rimmed edge of the can, and brush over with water to get the silver to separate.
- Brush the Silver on the lower rim, brush with water, and hold the can upside down to get the thinned silver to run in the opposite direction.
- Cut a hanger with wire cutters, bend to fit the can, bend in the ends with pliers, and attach to the can. Brush over with the Shimmering Silver.