- Last Updated: Monday, 10 August 2015 19:09
- MB-1431 Faceted Giraffe
- CG-753 Sassy Orange, CG-756 Firecracker
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, Bt-910 Synthetic Sponge
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust making sure not to over saturate the bisque.
- Using a palette knife, Stir the crystals in both the Jungle Gem jars to loosen them from the bottom of the jar. Replace the lids and shake the jars to incorporate all the crystals into the glaze.
- Pour the CG-753 Sassy Orange onto a Tile or plate. This will ensure that the crystals do not migrate to the bottom of the jar and you will have plenty on your piece.
- Brush on two coats of the CG-753 Sassy Orange using your soft fan glaze brush onto the body, legs, neck, tail, and head of the Giraffe leaving the ears, mane, nose, tail end, and hooves un-glazed. Allow drying time between each coat.
- Brush on two coats of the CC-756 Firecracker using the #6 Script Liner to the Ears, mane, nose, tail end, and hooves of the giraffe.
- Allow to dry. Stilt and fire to witness cone 05/06.
- For the second Giraffe, switch the color combo by using the CG-756 Firecracker for the main part of the giraffe and add CG-753 Sassy Orange to the accent parts