- MB-1323 Book Vase
- FN-008 Brown
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-28 Blue Isle
- SC-42 Butter Me Up
- SG-201 White Cobblestone
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- AC-525 Brush Cleaner
- SL-435 Curlicues Stencil
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust making sure not to over saturate the bisque.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-008 Brown to the entire vase.
- Using a sponge wipe some glaze away from the pages so they are left antiqued.
- Moisten the front of the vase with a damp brush to adhere the SL-435 Curlicues. Press it down with your fingers to be sure it is stuck securely.
- Condition the CB-106 #6 Script Liner with AC-525 Brush Cleaner and apply a thin layer of AC-302 Wax Resist through the stencil. Let it set up a bit and then remove the stencil. Don't let it dry too much!
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SG-201 White Cobblestone to the front of the vase. Be sure to not let it pool around the edge of the wax resisted design. It helps to take a damp CB-106 #6 Script Liner and just touch over the waxed areas between coats to avoid too much glaze beading up on the design.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, on top of the cobblestone, apply 1 coat of SC-28 Blue Isle to the bottom half of the vase; rinse your brush and apply 1 coat of SC-42 Butter Me Up to the top half working down and blending the two colors together.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the spine of the book. Apply 1 coat of SC-28 Blue Isle and SC-42 Butter Me Up to alternating sections on top of the Cotton Tail on the spine.
- Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.