- Last Updated: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 14:55
- MB-889 8" Asian Flair Square Plate
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 Cara-bein Blue
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- FN-001 White
- FN-031 Corn Flower Blue
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- MT-002 Wood Grain Matt
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply on 2-3 coats of FN-001 White to the top of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the shape of the fish from the pattern. Apply some water to the glaze area of the fish, this will help the pattern to stick to the glaze. Lay a paper towel over the pattern press/pat to remove any excess water.
- Stamp the plate with the MT-002 Wood Grain Matt using SC-31 The Blues. Apply SC-31 The Blues to the mat with a mini foam roller. Make sure to clean the mat if it is new.
- Remove the paper fish pattern.
- Cut out the fins and the eye and place them on the fish using water to get them to stay.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral to the fish then 1 coat of SC-2 Melon-Choly.
- While the SC-2 Melon-Choly coat is wet lay in some eyelash yarn into the wet glaze, wind it around the fish then to the center. Apply another coat of the SC-2 Melon-Choly over the yarn.
- After it starts to dry, pat with a paper towel to remove excess glaze.
- When the glaze is dry to the touch or the gloss leaves, brush on 1-2 coats of S-74 Hot Tamale.
- Remove the yarn and the paper fins and eye after the gloss leaves the glaze.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply on SC-75 Orange-A-Peel streaked with SC-24 Dandelion to the fins, eye is Orange-A-Peel with the SC-24 Dandelion, with the SG-401 Designer Liner for the pupil.
- Pencil in the water or trace with AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper.
- Use the SG-401 Designer Liner to line the waves, use A CB-110 #10/0 Liner with the SG-401 Designer Liner to line the fins and the eyes.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-31 The Blues to the waves and a thinned coat of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue for the area under the top wave.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-031 Cornflower Blue to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.