- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 14:22
- MB-1323 Book Vase
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-22 Carrot Top
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- FN-026 Salmon Mousse
- SG-401 Black
- SG-402 White
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- SL-436 Fern Leaf Stencil
- DSS-0111 Botanical Leaves
- ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Palette Knife
- 2" Foam Roller
- AC-212 Sponge-on-a-Stick
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin FN-026 Salmon Mousse then pour to the inside of the book vase. Roll to cover the inside then pour out the excess glaze and drain.
- Cut out the pattern of the fox and trace loosely onto the vase
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner, apply two coas of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the area. After the second coat is dry, brush the area with water and place the cut out of the fox onto the vase. Blot with a paper towel and press the edges of the paper down.
- Use CB-604 Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-78 Lime Light to the book vase. Let dry.
- Hold the SL-436 Fern Stencil on one of the flat sides of the book vase. Use the foam roller to apply SC-8 Just Froggy. Apply very light pressure and roll in different directions. Pressing too hard will cause bleeding. Try holding the roller at the very end. Fill the space with the Fern Stencil using Just Froggy. Do this on each side of the vase.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. With the shiny side down, rub the thickened mixture over the Leaf screens on the background of the vase.
- Remove the paper fox.
- Cut out the shape of the fox, saving the negative space of the cut out. Trace the detail of the fox onto the vase. Use the CB-106 Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-22 Carrot Top for the fox's fur.
- Place the cut out around the painted fox, stamp using the ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp with SC-88 Tu Tu Tango. Use the foam roller or the Sponge-on-a-Stick to apply color to the stamp.
- Use the Mini Fern with the SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to stamp sporadically on the background.
- The spine of the book is glazed with SC-88 Tu Tu Tango. In every other section, streak in SC-22 Carrot Top and a few streaks of SC-16 Cotton Tail for a highlight. The remaining sections of the spine are glazed with SC-8 Just Froggy, then streaked with SC-78 Lime Light and highlighted with streaks of SC-16 Cotton Tail.
- Draw a line with SG-401 Black on the spine sections, while the color is wet, pull with a wet CB-106 Script Liner. Trace the SG-401 Black around all the edges of the book, pull out the color while wet to shade.
- Float the SG-401 Black using CB-604 Soft Fan with a wet brush across the pages to antique. Outline some of the pages with SG-401 Black.
- Use the CB-110 Liner with SG-401 Black to outline, paint in the nose, eyes, and eyelashes on the fox.
- Use SG-402 White to mark the chest of the fox with dots, and lines.
- Apply one coat of S-2101 Clear to the outside of the book, and two coats to the pages of the book.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.