- MB-1444 Finial Jar - Large
- EL-118 Blue Grotto
- EL-139 Nectar
- EL-120 Black Ice
- EL-123 Patina
- PC-601 Clear Cascade
- PC-602 White Cascade
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-110 10/0 Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin EL-139 Nectar. Pour into the jar and roll to glaze the inside. Pour out the excess glaze. Allow to dry.
- Using the CB-602 Soft Fan, apply two coats of EL-123 Patina to the body of the jar.
- Using the same brush, pat PC-602 White Cascade over the Patina, leaving space between the pats. Recede one inch from the bottom as the glazes will move during firing.
- Using the same brush again, pat EL-118 Blue Grotto randomly overlapping the white cascade and the patina. Recede one inch from the bottom.
- Again with the Soft Fan, pat EL-139 Nectar randomly. Apply less of this color than Blue Grotto.
- Use the Soft Fan to pat PC-601 Clear Cascade randomly.
- While the colors are still wet use the CB-110 Liner to add veining with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply 3-4 coats of EL-118 Blue Grotto to the base and the body of the lid.
- Use the CB-106 Script Line to apply 3-4 coats of EL-139 Nectar to the top and bottom rings near the base as well as the middle ring near the spire.
- Using the same brush, apply 3 coats of EL-120 Black Ice on the middle ring near the base, the foot of the jar, the lid and spire at the top. Recede the last coat as this glaze will move during firing.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.