- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 June 2013 21:18
- MB-103 - Rimmed Salad Plate
- MB-1144 - Home Décor Vase
- CD-1078 - Design Press Tools
- CD-1149 - 4 Seaside Designs Press Tools
- FN-014 - Antique White
- SC-2 - Melon-Choly
- SC-28 - Blue Isle
- SC-41 - Brown Cow
- SC-54 - Vanilla Dip
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- E-6000 Glue
- Small Cup
- Moist Clay
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Press a ball of wet clay over the shell design from CD-1149 Seaside Design Press Tools and remove all the excess clay around the shell. Make 8 shells to fit around the salad rimmed plate. Make three star fish the same way for the vase, lay them on the vase so they take on the shape of the rounded surface. Make three small balls of clay and press in with the spiral press tool from CD-1078 Press Tools for vase design. Set aside to dry.
- Place some FN-014 Antique White into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-014 Antique White to the outside of the vase and the top of the plate. Apply 3 coats to the back of the plate.
- Apply an additional coat of the FN-014 to the front of the plate and the vase. Press the lace into the wet FN-014 (if the lace has a "flat side"- press the flat side towards the shape.
- Brush on a thinned coat of FN-014 Antique White over the lace.
- Allow to a "damp dry (about 75% dry)" and then brush on a mixture of SC-54 Vanilla Dip darkened slightly with a small amount of SC-41 Brown Cow - 2 coats. Pull off the lace before the last coat dries completely. Wash lace.
- Slightly thin SC-41 Brown Cow for a wash and brush over the shells. Wipe back lightly with a wet brush to antique the shells.
- Thin SC-41 Brown Cow and wash over the star fish. Wipe back. Thin SC-28 Blue Isle for the swirls.
- Apply S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the shells and add a little to the backs to help fuse to the rim.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- The star fish can be fired separately and glued on with E-6000 to the vase.