- Last Updated: Thursday, 05 September 2013 18:47
- MB-1117 Casualwear Charger Plate
- FN-001 White
- FN-031 Corn Flower Blue
- FN-044 Yellow-Orange
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Print two copies of the ship pattern and cut both out. Set one aside.
- With a Pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace around each part of the ship.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the sails going slightly over the edge of the pattern.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of FN-044 Yellow-Orange to the bottom of the ship going slightly over the edge of the pattern.
- Once the glaze on both the sails and the bottom of the ship have dried apply a very small amount of water with a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to the glazed areas and lay the appropriate pattern on.
- Use a sponge to wipe away the excess glaze around the pattern. TIP: This must be done carefully. Be sure that the sponge is not to damp because it will tear the paper. Wipe away from the pattern starting at the very edge. If you find there is an excessive amount of glaze you may scrap it away then apply the sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-031 Corn Flower Blue to the front of the plate.
- When the third coat looses its shine, remove the pattern. This must be done with care not to disrupt the line that you have created between the two colors.
- While waiting for the three coats of glaze to dry take the 2nd pattern and create a cut out of AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper to match.
- When the plate is completely dry trace the ship details onto the plate.
- Use the SG-401 Black Designer Liner to add the details on the ship. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze to the front of the plate. Be careful when going over the SG-401 Black Designer Liner not to smear it
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-044 Yellow-Orange to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.