- MB-1371 Dancing Teapot
- MB-1372 Dancing Container
- MB-1373 Dancing Sugar
- MB-1386 Dancing Tea Cup
- MB-1388 Dancing Creamer
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0112 Flowers
- DSS-0138 Flowers 2
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- 1/2" tape
- 1/4" tape
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Diretions for the teapot: Place a tape line one inch from the skirt of the teapot. Pencil in the design as shown on the skirt, lid, spout and handle. Tape can be used for the lid and spout; pencil in a line for the design.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply SC-74 Hot Tamale to the sides of the larger design and fill in with two coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red.
4. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the green areas of the design.
5. Thin SC-24 Dandelion with water and apply to the yellow areas of the teapot.
6. With the Liner, use a press and lift stroke to apply SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue between the red and green pattern.
7. Use the Liner to outline the pattern with one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo.
8. Place some S-2101 Clear on a palette or tile. Darken the clear with food coloring and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
9. Position the screen shiny side down on the piece and hold in place. Starting from the center and moving outward, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check to see if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen - doing so will cause damage to the screen. View our How to use Silkscreen Medium Video
10. We used the rose screens from DSS-0138 Flowers 2 and DSS-0112 Flowers. Using the mixture of the clear, food coloring and Silkscreen Medium, screen the rose images to the tea set. This step is for color placement only.
11. Apply both reds, SC-73 Candy Apple Red and Hot Tamale, to the rose to achieve depth. Apply two coats using the Sript Liner. Apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves.
12. When dry, follow the directions in step 8, but use SC-15 Tuxedo instead of the S-2101 Clear.
13. Line up the screens previously used on the roses, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screens.
14. Use the end of a brush handle to dot SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue around the rose.
15. Dip into NT-CLR or use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the outside then thin with water and roll the inside of each piece.
16. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the lids.
17. Fire to cone 05/06.