- MB1371 Dancing Teapot
- MB1372 Dancing Container
- MB1373 Dancing Sugar
- MB1386 Dancing Tea Cup
- MB1388 Dancing Creamer
- MB1490 Clay Clock
- FN001 White
- FN002 Yellow
- FN003 Orange
- FN007 Green
- FN018 Bright Blue
- FN043 Bright Jade
- FN044 Yellow Orange
- SC15 Tuxedo
- SC75 Orange-A-Peel
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB106 #6 Script Liner
- 1 1/4" Circle Paper Punch
- 1" Triangle Paper Punch
- 1/8" tape
- 1/2" tape
Designer: Marcia Roullard
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Tape off 3" from the bottom of the clock, 4" from the bottom of the teapot, and 2" from the bottom of the other pieces.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-001 White to the white areas shown on each piece.
4. Punch 1" circles from paper for the clock and triangles for the teapot. We will use the negative space for these shapes.
5. Brush water over the space for the paper then press the paper into the wet glaze. Press gently with a paper towel to remove excess water and ensure the edges are sealed. The triangles should be placed tip to tip. You may need to trim the paper to ensure the best fit.
6. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the open spaces of the paper punches. Remove the paper before the SC-15 Tuxedo dries.
7. Remove the tape then re-tape over the glazed edge
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply four coats of FN-003 Orange to the bottom section of the clock. Apply FN-018 Bright Blue over the top section and handle of the teapot.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the numbers and dots on the face of the clock.After firing, you may wish to use an extra-fine black permanent marker to outline the numbers and the rings around the face of the clock.
9. For the cup: Apply the 1/8" tape to create the pattern at the top of the cup. Us the Soft Fan to apply four coats of FN-044 Yellow-Orange tot the bottom. Apply the 1/2" tape to the creamer to create the pattern and applied four coats of FN- 043 Bright Jade to the bottom.
10. For the Dancing Container: Pencil the harlequin pattern over the White Foundations. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the pattern. Use the Soft Fan to apply four coats of FN-007 Green to the bottom of the container.
11. Thin NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze and pour the insides of the containers. Roll to coat then pour out the excess and drain. Alternatively, the pieces can be be dipped into NT-CLR Clear.
12. Fire to cone 05/06.