- MB-1287 Home Decor Tray
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-34 Down to Earth
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-94 Curry Around
- CG-716 Pagoda Green
- FN-009 Black
- SG-402 White
- SG-403 Red
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-406 #6 Pointed Round
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust
2. Transfer the pattern to the piece using a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon.
3. Starting with the purple horse, apply 3 coats of SC-13 Grapel with CB-406 Pointed Round or CB-106 Script Liner to the horse and mane excluding the eyes.
4. Wet blend SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-32 Bluebeard to the shading in the horse body and mane using CB-406 Pointed Round. SC-32 is used to reinforce and darken the SC-33 shading. To the highlights in the face, wet blend SC-11 Blue Yonder.
5. Apply 3 coats of SC-87 Ruby Slippers to the red horse using CB-406 Pointed Round or CB-106 Script Liner. Wet blend SC-34 Down to Earth to the shading below the jaw bone in the neck, behind the ears, above and below the eye, below the nostrils above the mouth, where the mane and neck meet and along the lower jaw using CB-604 Pointed Round. Shading on the side of the face for the highlights are done with SC-88 TuTu Tango around the muscles using CB-406 Pointed Round. The flat portion of the face (nose) is done with SC-94 Curry Around.
6. Use SG-402 White to detail the front of the eye of the red horse. Detailing of the eyelash and socket are done in SG-403 Red. The iris of the eye is SG-410 Bright Blue and shaded with SG-403 Red. The iris on the purple horse is SG-408 Orange shaded with SG-403 Red. The highlight is SG-407 Yellow.
7. The leading highlight along the nose and mouth on the purple horse is SG-407 Yellow. The highlights along the front edge of the ears and mane are SG-407 Yellow as well as all top portions in the mane. The shadow detail in the main is done with SG-403 Red. SG-410 Bright Blue is used to detail the rest of the mane’s hair and back edge of the ears.
8. The marking on the face front (nose) in the red horse is done in SG-407 Yellow in a sketchy method and not solid. The mouth is highlighted with SG-408 Orange and towards the back of the mouth with SG-403 Red. SG-403 Red is used to highlight the lower jaw line down the neck. Add some highlights next to the red lined portion of the neck with SG-408 Orange. The edge of the ears is detailed with SG-408 Orange. Add some detail to the shadows of the ears with SG-410 Bright Blue. The highlights in the mane are done with SG-407 Yellow. For the shadows in the mane, they are completed with SG-403 Red and SG-410 Bright Blue. The rest of the mane’s detail is completed with SG-408 Orange. Let Dry.
9. Apply a thin coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the horses using CB-406 Pointed Round making sure to include all Detail Liner portions in the pattern. Apply 3 coats of FN-009 Black to the edges and back of the tray using CB-604 Soft Fan.
10. Apply 3 coats of CG-416 Pagoda Green to the background areas around the horses using CB-110 Liner, CB-406 Pointed Round or CB-604 Soft Fan. Be careful in the placement of the crystals. An even distribution of the crystals will give you a better overall look to the finished piece. Watch the placement of the crystal next to the horses so they don’t run up over the horses in firing.
11. Stilt and Fire to Shelf Cone 05-06.