CD-1128 Medium Vase - 11" Tall
- FN-028 Wisteria Purple
- UG-221 Cement
- SG-409 Bright Green Designer Liner
- SG-410 Bright Blue Designer Liner
- SG-411 Purple Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Plastic Cups
- Banding Wheel
- Paper Towels
- Begin with properly cleaned Greenware Vase using a Clean Up Tool and Green Grit Pad to remove the seams and imperfections to the surface. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe greenware to remove any dust. Check the inside for any debris as well.
- Apply 3 coats of UG-221 Cement to the entire outside surface using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- In a Plastic cup pour about 1 ½ ounces of Glycerin. Place the ware in the center of a Banding Wheel with a paper towel underneath the ware.
- Squeeze out about a quarter ounce of SG-409 Bright Green, SG-410 Bright Blue and SG-411Purple into separate Plastic cups. Add some water to each color mixing them to about the consistency of light cream. Color should be fluid.
- Starting at the top of the vase apply a coat of the Glycerin to the entire vase. Work the glycerin from the top and working around the vase in a downward progression to the bottom.
- The glycerin will allow the color mixtures of Designer Liners to flow downward when applied. Load the CB-106 Script Liner with the SG-410 Bright Blue. Start at the top and while turning the Banding Wheel, apply a line of color around the vase. Almost immediately you will notice the color “weeping” downward forming “legs” or rivulets of color. Depending on how thick you apply the color and how wet the glycerin is will determine the overall movement of the color. Move down the vase about two inches and repeat the banding of color. Move down the vase in about two inch intervals with other lines of color. Allow the glycerin and color to dry which may take several minutes.
- Repeat this process with the other two colors separately allowing a drying time between the color applications. You can repeat this process with the same colors if you aren’t happy with the effect of the glycerin/color application after it has dried. Let dry. Do not apply the glycerin over color that isn’t dry as it will smear.
- Clean up the bottom of the vase with a moistened sponge.
- Fire to Shelf Cone 04-05.
- In a Plastic Cup mix some FN-028 Wisteria Purple to a melted ice cream consistency. While working quickly, pour the thinned glaze into the vase, rotate the piece to completely cover the inside surface. Pour out excess glaze and invert to dry. Wipe off any drips from the outside surface with a moistened sponge.
- Apply 3 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the entire outside surface.
- Stilt and Fire the piece to Shelf Cone 05-06.
Note: Any shade of underlying Fundamentals colors can be applied and any of the Designer Liners can be used for this “Weeping Watermarked” technique. Lighter colors work best for the background coloring.