- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 November 2017 15:18
- CD-903 Coffee Cup Chalkboard
- SG-401 Black
- SG-402 White
- SG-403 Red
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-411 Purple
- UG-50 Jet Black
- NTBR Clear One Brushing
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- soft cloth
- stone sealer
- spray bottle
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Brush 2-3 Coats of UG-50 Jet Black to the chalkboard area with CB-604 Soft Fan, when the last coat loses its gloss and is still damp, use a soft cloth to buff the underglaze, it should darken the color, this is called polishing underglaze.
- Pencil in the lines for color, apply two coats to all the colors in the color blocks. The gray color is a mix of SG-401 Black and SG-402 White.
- After the colors are dry, use SG-401 Black to heavily outline each block, work in sections so while the Designer Liner is wet, spray with water to blur the line.
- Brush the handle the bottom and the inside with two coats of SG-401 Black.
- Apply two coats of NTBR Clear One Brushing to the cup, omit the chalkboard area, use CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Fire to 04.
- To protect the chalkboard area, apply one coat of a stone or grout sealer.