- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 November 2017 15:34
- CD-902 Chalkboard Gator
- SG-401 Black
- SG-403 Red
- SG-405 Green
- NTBR Clear One Brushing
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- spray bottle
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Brush on two coats of SG-405 Green to the chalkboard area, when the last coat is damp just as the shine leaves the color, use a soft cloth to polish the SG-405 Green. This will seal the green and darken the color.
- Outline shape of the gator with a thick line of SG-405 Green, while the color is wet, spray with water to drip the color and distort the line. Do in sections so the paint remains wet.
- Use SG-403 Red on the edges of the teeth and spray with water.
- Let dry, screen the various bugs from DSS-0113 Bugs around the gator with thickened SG-401 Black. Silkscreen
- Place some SG-401 Black on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas on your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. this will cause damage to the screen.
- Use a circle template to pencil in a circle for the eye. Brush two coats of SG-409 Bright Green to the iris, and SG-401 Black to the pupil use CB-110 Liner. Shade the eye with +SG-405 Green. Outline with the Black.
- Brush on two coats of NTBR Clear One Brushing on the gator, not the chalkboard.
- Fire to 04.
- Apply a stone or grout sealer to the green chalkboard to protect.