- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 November 2017 15:41
- CD-929 Plain Chalkboard
- SG-401 Black
- SG-403 Red
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-406 Brown
- FN-001 White
- NTBR Clear One Brushing
- DSS-0121 Fruit
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- Palette Knife
- spray bottle
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Tape off the chalkboard area, brush with three coats of FN-001 White.
- From DSS-0121 Fruit, screen the apple, bananas, and the LG. pineapple on paper to make a pattern. Cut out the shapes, just the lower section of the pineapple, trace the outline of the shapes at the bottom of the chalkboard.
- Place SG-401 Black on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas on your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. this will cause damage to the screen.
- Brush two coats of SG-407 Yellow to the bananas, mix SG-406 Brown with SG-407 Yellow to get a pineapple color, brush this color to the pineapple, two coats, brush two coats of SG-403 Red to the apple, use CB-106 Script Liner.
- Tape paper over the chalkboard area to protect it from the next steps.
- Use SG-401 Black to draw a thick line at all the edges of the chalkboard, do in sections as the Designer Liner color must be wet. While the color is wet spray with water to disperse the black, hold the chalkboard in different directions to get the black to move in that direction. 7. Pull off the paper, let the colors dry.
- Use the fruit screens again, only this time screen over the painted fruit at the bottom of the chalkboard.
- Brush the sides of the chalkboard with two coats of SG-401 Black.
- Brush on two coats of NTBR Clear One Brushing with CB-604 Soft Fan to the chalkboard, omitting the middle glazed section.
- Fire to cone 05/06.