MB-1307 Handled Platter
- FN-214 Pastel Jade
- EL-110 Mudslide
- EL119 Blue Grotto
- PC-601 Clear Cascade
- PC-602 White Cascade
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Pencil or Water-based Marker
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2.Sketch out three uneven sections on the platter.
4. Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats to the center section of the plate with PC-602 Clear Cascade.
5.Using the Soft Fan, apply three coats of FN-214 Pastel Jade over the PC-602 Clear Cascade.
6. Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats ofEL-110 Mudslide to one section of the plate making sure to overlap onto the Pastel Jade.
7.Using the Soft Fan, apply two coatsof EL-119 Blue Grotto to the remaining side.
8. Where the colors meet, plop one generous coat of PC-601 White Cascade over the edges of the EL-110 Mudslide and EL-119 Blue Grotto, and FN-214 Pastel Jade with the Soft Fan brush.
9.Using the Script Liner splatter PC-601 White Cascade over the plate.
10.Work while the glaze is wet.Plop both Blue Grotto over the Blue Grotto side, plop Mudslide over the Mudslide side, plop over the White Cascade on both sides. Use the same brush without washing between colors.Some color from the brush will show up on the other side of the plate. The key is to have some white showing but not big blobs, that is why more color is added over the Cascade.
11.Use the 10/0 Liner to apply veins of SC-15 Tuxedo.
12.Use the Script Liner to splatter the plate with PC-602 Clear Cascade.
13. Use the Soft Fan brush to apply three coats of EL-110 Mudslide to the back of the plate.
14. Fire to cone 06.