- Last Updated: Friday, 02 February 2018 15:25
- MB-1511 Crab Dish
- FN-212 Blue Diamond
- FN-213 Saffire Blue
- FN-230 Poppy
- SC-5 Tuxedo
- SG-401 Black
- NTBR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Small Stiff Brush
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use SG-401 to outline all the lines of the crab to separate the body, legs, and claws and to fill in the spaces between the legs.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-212 Blue Diamond to the legs, body, and back of the crab dish. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of FN-230 Poppy to the claws.
4. Use a stiffer brush to scrub back the Poppy color where it meets the Blue Diamond to lighten the color. To shade the body of the crab, use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of FN-213 Saffire Blue in the shadow area of the body to darken the blue. Disperse the color with a coat of water at the edges of the Blue Saffire to blend. When doing this, only load half of the brush with color.
5. Clean off color from the eyes and use the end of a large brush to dot the eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo for a round circle.
6. Use Soft Fan to apply NTBR Clear One Brushing to the eyes and over the thinned Poppy color area. Alternatively, you may dip the piece into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
7. Fire to cone 05/06.1.